Monday 10 December 2012

Sound thrashing I was honored with....


-->
I have seen students bunk classes in their college life. Many of them started to bunk classes only after they joined the college. I think, I would suprise you when I say, I bunked classes when I was in third grade.

When I was in my third standard, it was like a fashion for many of the students to go for musical classes after their regular academic classes. So when I heard about the mussical class that was gonna start in my school, I made a huge hue to join those classes. I wanted to learn drums. And I also wanted to impress a girl, I had crush on. It wasn't easy for me to get the permission. My parents who knew me well, knew that it was just a passing fancy for me. But i wasn't ready to accept that. I wanted to go for those classes.

Finally, after I made a huge hungama, my dad agreed to enroll me for those classes, provided I opt of piano and not for drums. I agreed instantly. Even though I liked drums more than piano, I wasn't much bothered about it. I just wanted to join the classes and stay back in the campus after academic hours. For the first few weeks, I was all trilled and used to attend the classes regularly.

After a month, I got tired of it. One main reason was that i wasn't interested in learning piano. So i stayed back and played with my friends instead of attending the classes. This went on for a few months. At the end of every month my sister, who was doing ther 12th in the same campus, would come and pay the fee for my musical classes. When my sister would look at the attendance register, it showed that I was present for all the classes. It seems that the sir gave attendance to all, even without checking if they were present.

My exams were close. So I thought to sit back and to start studying, instead of going to the campus. It so happened on that day, i was supposed to have music class. So my sister went to my class-mate who was attending the classes and asked her for the notes taken on that day. It was then everything became bad.

My friend, without even thinking twice told my sister that it had been months since I had come for the classes and that notes given wouldn't help. I was having my lunch, when my sister came in to tell my dad the news. Then everything that happened was history. I still remember, my dad's face going red with range and he stomping out to fetch a stick to honor me with a sound thrashing. Though the classes weren't much of a fun then, now I wish I had attended the classes.

3 comments:

  1. A musical instrument is something that can truly transform you as a person.It did magic to me.. You can start it all over again..
    Trust me...Its not too late
    All the best bro!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, i never knew this happened.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome, i never knew this happened.

    ReplyDelete